Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
The City of Balch Springs understands the challenges many are currently facing and want to do everything we can to assist. Please do note that, at this time, we are looking to begin disconnections and penalties for non-payment of water bill... Read on...
Dear Residents: The City of Balch Springs remains vigilant in monitoring the national outbreak of the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19. Read on...
At Community Waste Disposal, we care about the safety of our employees and our customers. Read on...
Continuing Declaration of Public Health Disaster Read on...
Governor Greg Abbott declared a State Disaster for all Texas counties. The city of Balch Springs is committed to educate and implement measures that will help prevent the spread of COVID19. Your city leaders have teamed with... Read on...
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit Central for Disease Control and Prevention
Link: Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control FAQ for COVID-19
Por pavor visite la página Central para el Control y Prevención de Enfermedades.
Governor Greg Abbot Orders
The health and safety of the community and city staff is our top priority. While still responding to our citizen’s needs, we will remain vigilant in our effort to control the spread of COVID-19. The City of Balch Springs is announcing revised facility closures and service modifications. The changes impact the City’s Library, Municipal Court, Recreation Center, Civic Center, Senior Center, Food Bank, & Police Station Records Department.
PLEASE NOTE: Out of concern for the public and the staff of our Records Department, the window of the Records Department at the Police Station will be closed until further notice.Citizens will still be able to obtain copies of reports, accident reports and submit alarm permits.Please utilize the links below to request records, and (as always) you can still contact the Records Department via telephone or email.
TO OBTAIN AN OPEN RECORDS REQUEST FORM:
The City of Balch Springs Public Library will be closed indefinitely.
The City of Balch Springs Civic Center will be closed indefinitely. All events will be canceled. To obtain a refund on a facility rental please contact Jessica Casillas at 972-557-5914.
The City of Balch Springs Recreation Center will be closed indefinitely.
The City of Balch Springs Municipal Court has suspended all court hearing indefinitely.
Defendants with scheduled Court dates will be rescheduled and notified by mail as soon as court dates become available.
We encourage the public to CALL in with any questions or concerns about their case(s), or to obtain more information on alternative methods of appearance and payments such as mail, web, night box.
The Municipal Court hours are from: 8:00 a.m. to 4:20 p.m.
Phone Number: 972-557-6055
The City of Balch Springs Senior Center will be closed indefinitely. Senior citizen that are enrolled in the Senior Center Program will have food delivery to their home Monday – Thursday.
Food bank building will be closed, but will offer curbside services.
City Hall Office
City of Balch Springs Water Utilities understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to being responsive to our customer needs as the situation evolves.
We are currently closed to the public but still taking customer service calls and processing payments received through our deposit box located to the right of the entrance to City Hall. We strongly encourage you to pay your bill online or pay by phone by calling 855-202-3000. You can also access and manage your account 24/7 through the customer service portal.
As coronavirus (COVID-19) cases continue to be reported throughout the U.S., we want you to know the City of Balch Springs continues to carefully monitor the rapidly changing situation. While COVID-19 has changed the way we all manage our business, the Finance Department is striving and committed to maintain normal business practices during this time. Please contact us by email or phone if you have any questions.
The City of Balch Springs Public works department is focused on the health & safety of our employees and the residents of the community. We are taking steps to ensure we are meeting our residents needs therefore we will continue to operate as normal. Due to current COVID-19 situation we asked that any person in communication with our City Staff members be in conformance with current social distancing recommendations. If it is important that you speak with them please be sure to keep your distance or contact our Public Works Administrative Assistant at 972-286-4477 ext. 201. This Includes the following departments Water Distribution, Sewer Collection, Parks, Mowing, Streets & Drainage, Site Restoration, Solid Waste, & Code Enforcement.
The City of Balch Springs Neighborhood Services department is focused on the health and safety of its employee and community residents. Due to COVID-19, site visits for interior repair request and progress inspections for housing rehabilitation projects will be avoided. Other measures are being taken to ensure there is no disruption in services or work to be performed. You may contact Neighborhood Services and Grant Administrative Manager, Santosha Pratt at 972-286-4477 ext.125.
Permits & Inspections
The City of Balch Springs Permit & Inspections department is currently closed to the public, but still accepting online permit application. Appointments are being considered on a case by case, preferably onsite. Per Judge Clay Jenkins, construction can continue, therefore we understand must continue inspections. as well Rental inspections will not be performed IF the tenant has already moved in. If the property is vacant inspections can be done by Lock Box.
Links & Websites
- Dallas County COVID-19 Health Guidance for the Public - English
- Dallas County COVID-19 Health Guidance for the Public - Spanish
- 2020 Mayor’s Declaration - March 12th, 2020 (PDF)
- CWD Recommendations (PDF)
- What You need to Know - English (PDF)
- What You Need to Know- Spanish (PDF)
- What to Do if You are Sick - English (PDF)
- What to Do if You Are Sick - Spanish (PDF)
- Amended Order Judge Clay Jenkins March 23, 2020 English (PDF)
- Orden Final Modificada 23 de Marzo Spanish (PDF)
- FAQ Stay at Home Stay Safe English (PDF)
- Preguntas Frequentes Quedarse en Casa Spanish (PDF)
- COVID-19 Emergency Resources
- COVID-19 Top Scams
- COVID-19 DCHHS Summary (PDF)
- COVID-19 Dallas County Zip Code Map (PDF)
- Dallas County Press Release 4.9.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County Press Release 4.11.2020 (PDF)
- Resolution Extending Disaster Declaration 4.13.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County Amended Safe at Home Order 4.16.2020 (PDF)
- Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order GA 16 (PDF)
- REDLINE Dallas County Order 4.17.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County Order 4.17.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County COVID-19 Additional Positive Case Update (PDF)
- Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Over Zip Codes Map 4.17.2020 (PDF)
- Letter to Automobile Dealers (PDF)
- Dallas County Rules for Essential Retailers (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (PDF)
- May 14, 2020 Supplemental Order Of County Judge Clay Jenkins
- Order of the Emergency Management Director 6.15.2020 (PDF)
- City of Balch Springs Business Mask Order
- Order of Balch Springs Mayor on Safe Business Practice
Public Meetings & Events Cancellation
The health and safety of the community and city staff is our top priority. The Emergency Management Department is remaining vigilant in monitoring the latest COVID -19 safety guidelines from local & state health authorities. Therefore we are trying to develop a plan of action for each of our up coming public meetings, and community events.