Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
This updated interim guidance from CDC allows for millions of Americans who are at highest risk for COVID-19 to receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster shot to help increase their protection. Read on...
While Dallas County has administered almost 300,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses at our Fair Park mega-vaccine site alone, only about a third of Dallas County residents have received their first vaccine dose. Read on...
The City of Balch Springs in coordination with Project Unity and the Office of State Representative Rhetta Bowers will have three additional vaccination clinics over the next few months. Read on...
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit Central for Disease Control and Prevention
Link: Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control FAQ for COVID-19
Por pavor visite la página Central para el Control y Prevención de Enfermedades.
Governor Greg Abbot Orders
The health and safety of the community and city staff is our top priority. While still responding to our citizen’s needs, we will remain vigilant in our effort to control the spread of COVID-19. The City of Balch Springs is announcing revised facility closures and service modifications. The changes impact the Senior Center and Food Bank.
The City of Balch Springs Senior Center will be closed indefinitely. Senior citizens that are enrolled in the Senior Center Program will have food delivery to their home Monday – Thursday.
Food bank building will be closed but will offer curbside services.
Links & Websites
- Dallas County COVID-19 Health Guidance for the Public - English
- Dallas County COVID-19 Health Guidance for the Public - Spanish
- 2020 Mayor’s Declaration - March 12th, 2020 (PDF)
- What You need to Know - English (PDF)
- What You Need to Know- Spanish (PDF)
- What to Do if You are Sick - English (PDF)
- What to Do if You Are Sick - Spanish (PDF)
- Amended Order Judge Clay Jenkins March 23, 2020 English (PDF)
- Orden Final Modificada 23 de Marzo Spanish (PDF)
- FAQ Stay at Home Stay Safe English (PDF)
- Preguntas Frequentes Quedarse en Casa Spanish (PDF)
- COVID-19 Emergency Resources
- COVID-19 Top Scams
- COVID-19 DCHHS Summary (PDF)
- COVID-19 Dallas County Zip Code Map (PDF)
- Dallas County Press Release 4.9.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County Press Release 4.11.2020 (PDF)
- Resolution Extending Disaster Declaration 4.13.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County Amended Safe at Home Order 4.16.2020 (PDF)
- Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order GA 16 (PDF)
- REDLINE Dallas County Order 4.17.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County Order 4.17.2020 (PDF)
- Dallas County COVID-19 Additional Positive Case Update (PDF)
- Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Over Zip Codes Map 4.17.2020 (PDF)
- Letter to Automobile Dealers (PDF)
- Dallas County Rules for Essential Retailers (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (PDF)
- May 14, 2020 Supplemental Order Of County Judge Clay Jenkins
- Order of the Emergency Management Director 6.15.2020 (PDF)
- City of Balch Springs Business Mask Order
- Order of Balch Springs Mayor on Safe Business Practice
- Press Release - Status Update on Fair Park Vaccine Operations. PDF
Public Meetings & Events Cancellation
All public meetings have returned to in person.