April 11th, 2020
Ninth and Tenth confirmed positive COVID-19 case within the City of Balch Springs
Officials in Dallas County have confirmed the ninth, and tenth cases in the City of Balch Springs. These individuals are home and in stable condition at this time. Dallas County Health and Human Services have confirmed the cases and will be contacting individuals who have been in contact with these patients. Officials from The City of Balch Springs and Dallas County will continue to monitor the situation.
As of this report The City of Balch Springs, Texas has had a total of 10 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19). Of these 10 cases we currently have 7 active cases and 3 that have recovered. To protect our citizens privacy, dignity and any laws that could potentially be violated, The City of Balch Springs cannot and will not give out any further information on these particular cases or any in the future.
City officials continue to urge residents to stay calm and continue to take all precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19 within the community. Precautions that include:
- washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water. often. If soap and water are not available use an alcohol hand-based sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- If at all possible, stay in place and do not get out. Make shopping trips that are as brief as possible. Practice social distancing by avoiding close contact with people if you have to get out. Stay at home if you are sick or have any symptoms of the virus.
- Wear a mask while in public
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects at your home and work, such as door knobs, handles, chairs, sink fixtures, and other areas that come into regular contact with people.
If you are experiencing fever, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, contact your healthcare provider. Be sure to call before going to your doctor, the emergency room, or any other healthcare provider if you are exhibiting symptoms of the virus.
For information regarding the current situation in Dallas County, please visit https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php
Emergency Management Coordinator