City of Balch Springs
13503 Alexander Rd
May 6th, 2020
42 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases within the City of Balch Springs
Officials in Dallas County have confirmed 9 additional cases in the city of Balch Springs. Dallas County Health and Human Services have confirmed the cases and will be contacting individuals who have been in contact with these patients. Officials from The City of Balch Springs and Dallas County will continue to monitor the situation.
As of this report The City of Balch Springs, Texas has had a total of 42 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19). Of these 42 cases, we currently have 24 active cases, 2 deaths and 18 that are believed to be recovered. To protect our citizens privacy, dignity, and any laws that could potentially be violated, Balch Springs Emergency Management cannot and will not give out any further information on these particular cases or any in the future.
City officials continue to urge residents to STAY HOME and continue to take all precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19 withing the community.
The following precautions include:
- Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water often. If soap and water are not available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes with unwashed hands.
- If at all possible, stay home and make shopping trips that are a brief. Practice social distancing of at least 6ft when going out in public. Stay home if you are sick or have any symptoms of the virus.
- Wear a cloth face mask. Do NOT use face mask intended for First Responders or Health Care Workers.
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched objects at home & work, such as door knobs, chairs, sink fixtures, and other areas that come into regular contact with other people.
If you are experiencing fever, cough, sore throat, or difficult breathing, contact your health care provider. Be sure to first contact your doctor or health care provider before visiting an emergency room if you are exhibiting symptoms of the virus.
For information regarding the current situation in Dallas County, please visit:
Emergency Management Coordinator