Increasing the availability of testing is a critical step in our ability to manage the disease and mitigate risk, so that we can begin to implement plans to safely reopen the economy. CVS Health is offering "self-swab" tests to individuals at the our location (11820 Elam Rd, Balch Springs, TX) . Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment. We encourage everyone to take advantage of these expanded testing opportunities, particularly if you are in a high-risk demographic or are experiencing symptoms. You can find the closest test location and more information here: https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing.
Additional Information of Interest for COVID-19 Testing:
- If the patient has insurance the insurance pays for the test
- If the patient does not have insurance then CVS/Quest bills the federal government directly
- The test is called a “swab and send”
- CVS contracts with Quest Labs to run the test and report the results to local, state, federal officials
- Quest Labs has a turn-around of approximately 5 days
- Patients must register online and get a specific appointment time to drive up to the drive thru window at the CVS store . The patient never enters the CVS store.