The City of Balch Springs City Hall Building and Library-Learning Center will soon be reopening it’s doors to the public. Maintaining the public’s health is our top priority, so we will continue to practice Social Distancing and conduct a standard sanitizing procedure during closed hours. We have provided a breakdown below of the opening procedures for both facilities for your information.
Please contact the appropriate facility for any questions or concerns.
Library-Learning Center Opening Procedure:
|Library-Learning Center Re-Opening
|12:00 pm (August 24th, 2020)
|12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Monday - Thursday)
|Closed for Sanitizing
|Friday - Saturday
- E-Cards – active for anyone wanting them
- The library will continue curbside pickup and craft pickup for patrons not wanting to enter the library for safety reasons, and will be provided at designated times or they may come to the library to pick up items.
- Patrons will be required to wear masks within the facility
- Patrons exhibiting symptoms and not wearing a mask will be asked to leave the facility
- The number of patrons within the library will be limited to a set amount that will likely be much less than 25% capacity
- Computer use will be limited to 6 people in the computer lab at a time or by appointment only
- Remote Printing will be discontinued until further notice. Patrons will pay in the library during opening hours.
- The Children’s room will have limited access. If necessary for parents to enter the kid’s room to select material, only one or two parents at a time will be allowed in to provide social distancing.
- Copying – open
- Fax services – open
- Study areas – closed
- Reference services – open
- Reader’s advisory – open
- Inter-library loan – open
- Programs – curbside programs (crafts) only. No in-house programs
- Poison Control – virtual
- Hispanic Heritage – virtual/curbside craft pickup
- Spanish story time – virtual
- Pumpkin decorating contest – live / curbside craft pickup (TBD)
- Workforce Development – virtual only
- Volunteers – no volunteers until further notice
- Room rentals – closed until further notice
City Hall Lobby Opening Procedure:
|City Hall Re-Opening
|8:00 am (August 24th, 2020)
|Open Morning Hours
|8:00 am to 11:00 am
|Closed for Sanitizing
|11:00 am to 1:00 pm
* At no time will an employee come in personal contact with patrons while in lobby.
* Any in-person contact will still require temperature checks and sign in, such as any in-person meetings or appointments.
* All public meetings such as Council, and any boards or commissions will require temperature checks and sign in.