City of Balch Springs
13503 Alexander Rd
August 19th, 2020
738 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases within the City of Balch Springs
As of August 10th, officials in Dallas County have confirmed 738 total confirmed cases, 34 probable, and 10 deaths. Dallas County Health and Human Services have confirmed the cases and will be conducting contact tracing on individuals who may have been in contact with these patients. Officials from The City of Balch Springs and Dallas County will continue to monitor the situation.
• Over 3,549 children under 18 years of age have been diagnosed with confirmed COVID-19 during the first three weeks of July in Dallas County, including 62 children who have been hospitalized for COVID-19.
*Due to a reported backlog of cases being reported in the last few days, our total number of positive cases are expected to rise significantly. We do not have any information on when these cases were actually tested but are working diligently to find answers*
City officials continue to urge residents to STAY SAFE while in public and continue to take all precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
The following precautions include:
- Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water often. If soap and water are not available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes with unwashed hands.
- If at all possible, stay home and make shopping trips that are a brief. Practice social distancing of at least 6ft when going out in public. Stay home if you are sick or have any symptoms of the virus.
- Wear a cloth face mask. Do NOT use face mask intended for First Responders or Health Care Workers.
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched objects at home & work, such as door knobs, chairs, sink fixtures, and other areas that come into regular contact with other people.
If you are experiencing fever, cough, sore throat, or difficult breathing, contact your health care provider. Be sure to first contact your doctor or health care provider before visiting an emergency room if you are exhibiting symptoms of the virus.
For information regarding the current situation in Dallas County, please visit: https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php
Helpful Links: https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
Emergency Management Coordinator