The following listed below will be in effect beginning May 1st:
As of May 1st, all City Council Meetings will be back to in person. We understand there will be some that will still be concerned with in person meetings and have taken this into consideration. We will still be following all COVID-19 guidelines and procedures as we were prior to going virtual. We will also still offer the meeting virtually to our citizens via zoom as we have been. Council will be required to be in person.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside City Buildings. Anyone who refuses to wear a mask will be asked to leave the building.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door for the public entering into lobby for meetings. Anyone who is above 99.6 will be asked to leave the building and will not gain access to the meeting.
- A member of Law Enforcement must be present in the lobby for each meeting to enforce the protocols.
- Capacity of the Council Chambers will be limited based on how safely we can distance Council Members, Staff and our visitors. If there are visitors who have presentations or will be directly involved in topics of discussion by Council, they will have priority to be in the meetings VS. someone who is just attending. We will ask that those who are give priority to please leave after their item is over with to allow others who would like to attend to do so
- After capacity is reached, those who show up will be asked to wait outside and notified they can attend virtually if they would like.
- Any staff who is presenting will be asked to wait in meeting room until their item is up and return to meeting room after their item is complete.
- Sanitizing items will be provided at the public podium for disinfection between speakers.
- Council chambers, lobby and meeting room shall be sanitized either directly after each meeting or the following morning.
Planning and Zoning Meetings
As of May 1st, all Planning and Zoning meetings will be held in person. All protocols will apply to these meetings as listed above for Council Meetings.
All other Boards and Commissions
As of May 1st, all other boards and Commissions meetings will be held in person and will follow all of the protocols listed above with the exception of having a law enforcement officer present. With that being said, it will be up to the meeting organizer to ensure all protocols are being followed. If there are any items within any of these meetings that could be of interest to a large gathering of visitors, a law enforcement officer will be required to be present.
Library and Recreation Center
Please see the Library Re-opening Plan and Recreation Center Re-opening Plan for more details.
Please see the guidance, waiver and requirements we are requiring to get our sports program started again, as well as our COVID-19 Coaches Checklist and our Sports Waiver.
Brad Harris, Emergency Management Coordinator
City of Balch Springs
Tel: (972)286-4477 x232