Volunteer opportunities at the Balch Springs Animal Shelter
Volunteers are a necessary part of any successful animal shelter. Animals need attention, love and care every day. The more exposure to different people, the better it is for the adoptability of the animals. Join the Balch Springs Animal Shelter’s volunteer program to be a part of improving the quality of life for the animals in your community. There are several ways you can volunteer:
- Work with the animals at the shelter by walking dogs, play time, basic training, bathing, brushing etc. Assist in cleaning, organizing, laundry and dishes.
- Can’t physically work with animals? You can still help by donating to the animal shelter. The shelter not only accepts cash donations to purchase items that directly benefit the animals, but you can directly donate items such as laundry soap, bleach, dawn dish soap, even items like paint and shelving.
- Can’t get out to come up and see us? Or Facebook page has an Amazon Wish List of items currently needed, and items that the shelter would love to have for the animals.
- Can’t financially assist, and can’t work directly with the animals? There is always something needed in the area of skills. Labor skills, art skills, etc.
- For our younger citizens and bookworms, the shelter has a program called Tales to Tails. The shelter animals LOVE to be read to! Yes, you are reading this correctly! Bring a book to share with the fur babies! Saturdays are reserved for our younger citizens.
If interested in Tails to Tales or in volunteering, you can call Kate at the animal shelter 972-913-3006 and find out how to get started. You can also email the shelter directly at AnimalShelter@BalchSpringsPD.com.
*Volunteers must be 18 yrs of age. Those who are 17 yrs. of age are welcomed with parental consent. High school kids can collect volunteer hours for graduation! Children for Tails to Tales must be accompanied by an adult at all times.