How can I plead?
A plea must be made in person or by mail. By a plea of guilty, you admit that the act is prohibited by law, that you committed the act charged, and that you have no defense or excuse for your act. A plea of nolo contendere (no contest) means that you do not contest the state’s charge against you. While it is not an admission by you that you are guilty, you will almost certainly be found guilty. A plea of guilty or no contest, and a finding of guilt, will result in a conviction on your record. However, a plea of no contest cannot be used against you in a subsequent civil suit for damages. A plea of not guilty means that you are informing the court that you deny guilt or that you have a good defense, and that the state must prove what is charged against you. For more information, please contact the Municipal Court at 972-557-60570.

Show All Answers

1. What are my rights?
2. How can I plead?
3. What if I am a juvenile?
4. What day is court held?