Form of Government
The City of Balch Springs operates under a system of local government called "Council - Manager", wherein all powers of the City are vested in the City Council. The City Council appoints the City Manager, who executes the laws and administers the government of the City in accordance with the policies and budget adopted by the City Council.
The City Manager
The City Manager coordinates all City operations and Staff and has been appointed by the Mayor and City Council to handle the affairs of the City of Balch Springs.
- Direct and supervise the administration of all departments, office and agencies of the city, except as otherwise provided by the City Charter
- Effectively enforce all state laws and City ordinances
- Prepare and submit to the City Council the annual budget and capital program
- Administer the budget as adopted by the City Council
- Manage day to day operations of the City