Boards & Commissions
Serving on a Board or Commission
Are you looking for ways to give back to the Community? Serving on one of the City of Balch Springs Boards or Commissions is a great way to become involved in your community! The City Council and staff of Balch Springs appreciate the volunteer spirit of its citizens. Our volunteers bring the many needed skills and knowledge to the areas in which they serve ad are vital to the continued growth and success of our city. Duties of boards and commissions may include serving in an advisory capacity, examining in-depth issues such as recommendations to zoning ordinances, advise and assist the city in adopting land use assumptions, making recommendations to City Council, and making decisions on variance requests from citizens.
Primary Meeting Location
Most of our Boards and Commissions meetings are held within the Balch Springs City Hall Council Chambers (located at 13503 Alexander Road, Balch Springs, TX 75181), unless otherwise specified.
Requirements for Service
Persons interested in serving on a board or commission are required to complete an Application and Background Check. The general requirements for serving on a Board or commission are as follows:
- Have been a resident of the city for at least six months prior to the date of his/her appointment.
- Be a qualified voter of the city at the time of his/her appointment.
- Not have been convicted of a felony or crime involving theft or other criminal offense considered by the city council to be a disqualification.
- Not be an adversary party to pending litigation against the city.
- Not be an employee or business associate of either an adversary party or a representative of an adversary party, nor have a pecuniary interest in any pending litigation or claim, other than an eminent domain proceeding.
- Must be able to make the meeting requirements for all meetings. Please review each boards individual page to see additional requirements.
The application will be forwarded to the City Secretary's Office, where it will be maintained on file and provided to the City Council as vacancies occur.
List of Boards and Commissions
- Animal Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustments
- Building and Standards Commission
- Civil Service Commission
- Charter Review Commission
- Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee
- Economic Development (Type-A)
- Economic Development (Type-B)
- Flood and Drainage Committee
- Keep Balch Springs Beautiful Board
- Library Board
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Tourism Advisory Board
- Mayor and City Council
Application for Board or Commission
**Application Form is Currently Unavailable. We are in the process of updating information, and it will be posted as soon as possible.
Please Contact the City Secretary's Office for Further Information.
If you are interested in serving on a board or commission, please complete the Boards and Commission Application.
Before starting an application, please:
- Review the individual board or commission web page you are interested in, to ensure you able to meet all requirements including the attendance policy.
- Be sure to have your Voter ID number, Drivers License number, and Social Security number available for the application.
When you are ready, click the link to Apply: Boards and Commissions Membership Application