Planning & Zoning
MOBILITY PLAN STUDY SURVEYThe City of Balch Springs is currently developing a Mobility Plan to analyze the City’s transportation system and identify priorities for improving local and regional mobility. The Mobility Plan will provide a multi-modal transportation vision for the City to improve the way people travel in Balch Springs, whether they drive, walk, bike, or take transit. The resulting priority recommendations will function as a road map for future short-term and long-term transportation investments throughout the City.
Additional Information... Mobility Plan Study Survey...
The Planning Division is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the quality of life in Balch Springs through the administration and enforcement of city codes, policies and regulations pertaining to planning, zoning, land use and subdivision of land.
In addition, the Planning Division is charged with guiding the long-term growth of the community and is responsible for providing the Comprehensive Plan.
To promote and facilitate the city’s mission and goals into a vision of physical growth and development while planning for the future.
Goals & Objectives
- Coordinating planning and development related matters with applicants, landowners, developers and other City departments and agencies
- Developing and improving communications between citizens, developers, neighborhood associations / groups, property owners, public officials, and appropriate city departments on questions of land use, occupancy, and zoning
- Gathering and maintaining statistical data that reflects the pulse of the community
- Updating the Balch Springs Comprehensive Plan
This division also supports the City Manager’s office, the City Council, and other City Boards and commissions on matters affecting planning, growth and development in the city. City Charter Section 3.12 - Passage of ordinances in General - The City Council shall adopt a rule which shall provide no action be taken on any ordinance which has not been made available to the Council and to the public at the office of the City Secretary, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting at which it is to be considered.
City Charter Section 3.12
Passage of ordinances in General - The City Council shall adopt a rule which shall provide that no action be taken on any ordinance which has not been made available to the Council and to the public at the office of the City Secretary, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting at which it is to be considered.
- Application for Planned Development
- Balch Springs-Draft Zoning Ord - Complete Draft_7.20.2017
- Balch Springs Standard Details
- Checklist and Application for Variance - Alcohol Liquor
- Final Plat Checklist and Application
- PD checklist for Planned Development Applications
- Replat Checklist and Application
- Application for Special Use Permit
- Application for Tree Removal
- Application for Certificate of Occupancy
- Communication Tower Supplement
- Special Use Permit Checklist
- Minor Administrative Plat Amendment Checklist and Application
- Preliminary Plat Checklist and Application
- Application for Zoning Change
- Application for Variance