Welcome to the City of Balch Springs Comprehensive Plan Update.
The Balch Springs Comprehensive Plan will guide our community’s future for the next 20 years. The Balch Springs Comprehensive Plan Update will include updates to the Future Land Use Plan, Parks Master Plan, Transportation, Economic Development, Neighborhood Livability, and vision and goals.
The Balch Springs 2036 Comprehensive Plan was adopted by City Council on February 22, 2016.
For more information contact the Planning and Zoning Division at 972-286-4477, ext. 212, 237 or x123.
Purpose of a Comprehensive Plan
A comprehensive plan is a "road map" for the future of a city. It expresses the city's vision for what it wants to become in the future.
A Comprehensive Plan:
- Articulates the vision for how the community wants to grow in the future
- Covers a time frame of about 10 to 20 years
- Creates a "snapshot" of what Balch Springs is like today
- Establishes goals for each element of the plan to achieve that vision
- Integrates with and guides the city's other planning documents and initiatives
- Provides a framework for policy decisions that guide the physical development of Balch Springs
The Comprehensive Plan is not a zoning law, subdivision regulation, budget, capital improvement program, or any other regulatory document. It is meant to be the basis that guides any changes to those documents.