A payment plan agreement is an option for defendants to make small monthly payments to pay for their citations. You will be required to pay a down payment to start this option.
To be eligible for this option, your case cannot be in warrant status. If you have an active warrant, you will need to speak with a court clerk to check your eligibility and requirements.
Violators 16 years or younger will be set for a hearing and may request a payment plan before the judge.
All others may request a payment plan to pay your citation either in person or by mail. Please be aware that a payment plan will:
- Result in a conviction on your record.
- Assess an additional one-time $15 fee on each case.
- Require you to pay a $100 down payment to start. (the court will not accept this payment online)
If requested by mail, you must write a letter requesting a payment plan. In your request, the following information will be required:
- Plea of guilty or no contest,
- Your current mailing address,
- A copy of your driver’s license, ID card, or passport, and
- A check or money order for the $100 payable to the City of Balch Springs. (PLEASE DO NOT MAIL CASH)
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE REQUIRED INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN YOUR REQUEST BEING DENIED.
Once we receive your request, the court clerk will update your case and mail you a copy of your payment plan agreement to the address you provided. The payment plan agreement will let you know how much will have to pay and when your next payment will be due.
Monthly payments can be made in person, by mail, or online. See the "PAYMENT OPTIONS" instructions on the left.